Everyone has their must haves in life: must have snacks, must have outfits, must have sweets… Pregnancy is no different. As the weeks went on, my must haves for pregnancy made themselves clear…
- Full belly coverage pants/shorts – The majority of my big belly time was in the summer. I lived in full belly coverage shorts. They were the most comfortable and supportive thing I could find for my bump. Plus they gave my bump that nice round shape it just didn’t have on it’s own. I loved them!
- Leggings – I lived in leggings at home. I didn’t need them to go over or shape my bump, I just needed them because society says you have to wear pants, even while pregnant. I cranked up the air so it was nice and cold, put on a sweatshirt and leggings and ate whatever the bump told me to eat.
- Pregnancy app – We found out I was pregnant super early, about 3-4 weeks. That left me a long 6-8 weeks left of my first trimester before my ob-gyn would see me. I downloaded a few different pregnancy apps to help me track what was happening in my body. I enjoyed the different tidbits of information they each had to offer about my growing baby.
- SweeTarts, Whipped Cream, MooseTracks Ice Cream with Hardening Chocolate… – Oh, yes. The cravings. You literally have to have them. My pregnant self would not have survived without giving in to some of my cravings. I craved very specific, sugar-filled things while pregnant with Samuel and I’m sure that’s why he’s so sweet.
- A supportive partner – I’m an expressive person, I can admit it. I feel and express emotions to the biggest degree. Ask my husband, I’m sure he’ll tell you all about my dramatics. My day-to-day dramatics were nothing compared to my pregnant dramatics. I cried tears of sadness over brownies. I cried tears of joy over little toads wearing hats. I was so mad when Josh came home one night and didn’t have the right SweeTarts. Pregnancy hormones… phew. I could not have survived pregnancy without my incredibly loving, understanding, and kind husband. He supported me through it all.
What are your “must-haves” from your pregnancy? Did they change at all?